Project at a glance:
|Area of Cooperation||Israeli
|INCUBANDO||Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le Telecomunicazioni (CNIT)||Luca Potì||ICT||Tel Aviv University||Mark Shtaif|
- Italia-Israel cooperation agreemnt.
- Organization of meetings in L'Aquila and Tel Aviv for discussions and brain storming.
- Annual reporting of the Incubator activities.
- Maintaining and managing contacts with all the staff involved in the project.
- Coordinating a joint working group dedicated to promotional events and funds attraction opportunities.
WP2. Joint Incubator establishment, operation, and, maintenance:
- Incubator establishment and maintenance.
- Administrative and logistic aspects (final benefit in order to help Incubators and stratups).
- First year will be dedicated to Incubator establishment including spaces, rules, agreement, services and startups admission definition.
- In second year a dedicated committee will be settled width the aim of managing the first call including application and rating.
- A grant of € 15.000,00 wil be given to a single selected startup that will reserve up to 10% of partecipation to the INCUBANDO. All the other applicant will have free access to the infrastructure.
- A dedicated study will be carried out during the third project year in order to find out all possible solutions for INCUBANDO continuation after the end of the project.
- Some of the services provided for free to startups will bee gradually converted into revenues (MAECI reimbursement in the form of royalties and INCUBANDO expenses).
- New call will be open for founding a new stratup with a grant of € 20.000,00.
WP3. Incubator research activities:
- Novel energy- and cost-efficent trasmission schemes as well as transceiver architectures.
- research in a realistic SDM trasmission evironment.
- Development of numerical tool for the efficient evalutation of system performance.
- Methods for reducing the impact of nonlinear interface effects.
- Cost-effective SDM transmission solution for short-reach applications, in the context of fiber-based front-hauling for 5G networks.
- Development and implementation of flexible SDN control and management functionalities.
WP4. Incubator services:
- A favorable environment for implementation of ideas, workspace and meeting rooms.
- research specialist network (Italian/Israeli - within CNIT consortium).
- Workshops and courses.
- Open partecipation to conferences organized by CNIT.
- Specific promotional joint Italy/Israel events organization.
- Access to online scientific libraries subscription (IEEE, OSA...).
- Access to CNIT network ecosystem, including the possibility to take the part to international research project, fostering worldwide interactions with international industrial and scientific community.
- Privileged access to ImPhoTec facilities in Pisa for Photonic Integrated Circuits design and fabrication.
- Assistance in scouting additional financing and/or strategic partners.
- Advice on business planning, financial and managment experties.
- Administrative services.
- Funding opportunities (two specific calls whose overall budget will be € 45.000,00).
- Direct exposure to national and EU call (Horizon 2020) where SME are mandatory.